How adult volunteers help at the Library
Click on each volunteer opportunity to see a complete position description.
- Shelf Reader Position Description
- Home Bound Driver Position Description
- Special Event Assistant Position Description
- Continual Book Sale Management Position Description
How to get started
- Fill out and submit the Online Adult Volunteer Application Form
- Print out the Printer-friendly Adult Volunteer Application and drop if off at the Library
- Pick up a copy of the Volunteer Application Form at the Library
Please note that all adult volunteers must agree to an OPP administered Vulnerable Sector Check. Click on the link below to download a copy of the Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) which is number 3 on the list of forms. You may download the form here but you will need to attend an orientation at the library to receive the letter to accompany the application.
When your Adult Volunteer Application has been received, you will be contacted to schedule an orientation with a library staff member. At the orientation, you will be given a letter to accompany your Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) application. Without this letter, you will have to pay the fee for the PVSC. You can also get a hard copy of the PVSC application form at the orientation.
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
Learn about Volunteer Opportunities for Teens