Position: Summer Literacy Programming Assistant
This position will assist with all aspects of our children’s summer literacy programming, including the summer reading program. This includes program planning, assistance with promotions and promotional visits, and delivery of programs. Programming may include virtual format, as well as in-person programming, held outdoors and / or indoors.
- Must meet all requirement of the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Must be outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be willing to work outdoors.
- Must have experience working with children and be able to instill the love of reading and learning.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays.
- Comfort using video conferencing technology is preferred.
- Library or education-related coursework is preferred.
- The ability to provide service in French is a definite asset.
- Must provide a criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Current First Aid and CPR preferred.
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week for 10 weeks (June 13, 2022 to August 19, 2022)
May 17, 2022 at 5:00PM