- Your 14-digit Library Card Number may be required to access some of these online resources.
- Your PIN may also be required
- You may be asked to download free software or create a free account to access some of these resources (for eBooks, Audiobooks and Mango etc.)
Ancestry Library Edition (in Library use only)
- Learn about your ancestors and trace your family tree .
- Contains step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recall notices for all makes and models, with some model years going back to the 1970s.
With 3 sites in one, patrons can conduct research, work on special projects, or explore their unique interests. Includes Britannica Children, Britannica Young Adults, and Britannica Reference Center.
- Child friendly articles, magazines, pictures, videos, audio clips. Updated with new information daily!
- Conduct fact-checked research from continually updated encyclopedia articles.
- Encourages independent learning with access to multimedia content and the ability to toggle between reading levels.
- A searchable database of the property owners’ names which appear on the township maps in the county atlases between 1874 and 1881.
- Full-text articles from leading Canadian and international periodicals, reference books and biographies, as well as thousands of images from the Canadian Press
CELA (Centre for Equitable Library Access)
- We have partnered with the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) to provide access to magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats. Anyone with a print disability and a valid Petawawa Public Library card can register by visiting the CELA site.
CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario)
- Clear, accurate, and practical legal rights education and information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights. Focuses on providing information to people who face barriers to accessing the justice system, including income, disability, literacy, and language.
- Covers mainstream, complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine. Includes reference books, pamphlets, medical magazines, diagrams and reports.
- Companion collection of reference e-books added to the Consumer Health Complete eResource.
Consumer Reports (Part of Canadian Reference Centre)
- Read articles on health, public safety, marketplace economics and the judicial & regulatory actions that affect consumers.
Digital Heritage Collection (Petawawa)
- Records the stories and history of Petawawa and the surrounding communities.
- Use your phone, laptop, or tablet to listen to a variety of books.
- Read fiction and non-fiction on your phone, laptop, or tablet.
- For students and adults alike, the New World Encyclopedia indexes over 25,000 full-text articles covering an array of topics. The database contains images, brief biographies and information in a variety of subject areas.
- Provides free practice tests for student drivers of all ages. Not owned by or affiliated with DriveTest or any other government agency.
- From seniors learning computer basics to seasoned professionals brushing up on Microsoft Office skills to job seekers gaining new career skills to students practicing math, everyone can find something useful here.
- A peer-reviewed journal of health, published by Statistics Canada. Features original and timely analyses of national or provincial/territorial surveys or administrative databases. New articles are published electronically each month.
- Provides access to high-resolution map scans of early to mid-20th century Ontario. Project initiated by the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) Geo Community in 2014.
- A searchable database for a variety of community and historical newspapers of Ontario.
- Stream films anytime, anywhere on your preferred devices. Create an account with your own email and password. Then complete the registration with your Library Card Number and enjoy up to 5 movies per month!
- Your Kanopy registration includes unlimited access to video content that’s suitable for children, so kids can browse freely. You can also set up parental controls to ensure children can’t view content outside of Kanopy Kids.
- A Literacy and Basic Skills upgrading program for adults funded through Employment Ontario. Popular courses include: Healthy Eating; Microsoft Word and Excel; Becoming a Better Speller; Customer Service Essentials; Conflict Resolution; Understanding and Using Math; Writing an Essay; Managing your Money.
- Available on the Apple App Store, Google Play and the Windows Store. Borrow and download OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks to your favourite device! Read magazines in your browser too.
- Learn over 70 languages. Lessons focus on the four key elements of language learning: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
- Contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Companion collection of reference e-books added to the MasterFILE Premier eResource.
- Find information on medical topics, symptoms, drugs, procedures, news and more, written in everyday language for consumers
- Find information on medical topics, symptoms, drugs, procedures, news and more, written for the health care professional.
- Keep up to date on the latest titles we’ve added to our collections or check out our special interest booklists.
- A great for finding new books and authors for children and youth. You’ll find book recommendations, read-alike suggestions, and award winners. There is also a way to check if the books you like are available in our library!
- Find out what comes next in that great series you discovered or find similar authors or titles to those you’ve already enjoyed.
- Access over 120,000 government documents from the collections of the Ontario Legislative Library and the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
- Borrow up to 10 items at a time through OverDrive including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and videos.
- Children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedic entries and a vast image collection. Students can learn about a variety of topics, including endangered species, famous musicians, fitness and space exploration.
- Non-fiction eBooks on science, math, history and more.
- Reliable health information available in French.
- Get your driver’s licence, plate stickers, health cards, birth certificates, register a birth and more.
Steps to Justice (Your guide to law in Ontario)
- Steps to Justice gives reliable and practical information on common legal problems including:
- step-by-step information to help you work through your legal problems
- practical tools, such as checklists, fillable forms, and self-help guides
- referral information for legal and social services across Ontario
- live chat and email support if you can’t find the answers to your questions
- A free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
- Stream animated e-books for children. The collection includes French and Spanish books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, plus exciting games and puzzles!
- Activities, science projects, articles and easy navigation designed especially for kids!
- World Book’s beloved encyclopedia comes to life in a digital format, perfect for elementary and middle school learners to access information from trusted sources. Includes translations to 100+ languages, a Biography Center, current events, research guides, and seamless integrations with Google Classroom and Microsoft OneDrive. The My Research and Citation Builder features assist learners in organizing and analyzing their findings.
- Offers hundreds of pre-generated timelines across eight broad topics, which cover various time periods in history or span the life of historical public figures. Users can also create their own timelines from scratch, adding events, descriptions, and media.