Ontario Parks has provided free vehicle permits for members of the Petawawa Public Library so they can enjoy using its network of provincial parks. Use your library card to borrow one of our provincial park passes today! Be sure to check the Ontario Parks website for up-to-date information on their COVID-19 protocols.
Please Note: Effective June 7 to September 2, 2021
Contact Ontario Parks in advance to book your visit:
You will need to secure your spot in advance for every visit, including free day-use days (Monday to Thursday until September 2, 2021). There are 17 participating parks and two ways to book in advance, beginning at 7:00 a.m., up to five days in advance of your intendent arrival date.
- Online at reservations.ontarioparks.com
- By phone by calling 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275) – Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Provide the serial number located on the back of the vehicle permit you have borrowed from the Petawawa Public Library.
Make sure you display the vehicle permit and bring a printed or electronic copy of the confirmation e-mail that indicates you have secured a daily vehicle permit spot at the park on the day of your visit.
The following parks are participating in this pilot:
Algonquin, Arrowhead, Batchawana Bay, Craigleith, Darlington, Forks of the Credit, Kakabeka Falls, Kettle Lakes, Lake Superior, Long Point, Mono Cliffs, North Beach, Pinery, Presqu’ile, Sandbanks, Sibbald Point, and Turkey Point.
This information has been adapted from a letter circulated by the Marketing Section of Ontario Parks. Please contact Ontario Parks directly for more information or clarification.
Here’s what you need to know about borrowing Park Passes:
- Please read and be sure you understand the information posted above.
- You are advised to consult the Ontario Parks website for important information about park locations, visits, hours of operation, and closures so you can plan your visit accordingly.
- Provincial Park Passes go out for 7 days.
- There is a limit of one pass per household.
- They are available on a first come first served basis and NO holds will be accepted.
- The pass entitles one vehicle to enter any provincial park subject to park regulations.
- Late fees for late returns and replacement fees for lost passes will apply.