The Petawawa Public Library is part of a resource-sharing network. A computer link makes it possible to borrow books from across Ontario and beyond. We cannot, however borrow items published within the last six months.
Fill out and submit the Online Interlibrary Loan and Suggestion Form.
The Petawawa Public Library Interlibrary Loan service provides patrons with an opportunity to obtain materials not owned by our library. This service is coordinated by the Southern Ontario Library Service.
To ensure appropriate use of interlibrary loan, the Library adheres to the terms of the CLA/ASTED Interlibrary Loan Code.
The Petawawa Public Library both borrows and lends materials.
The library provides interlibrary loan service to all current library members.
There is no charge for this service. However, patrons who fail to pick up available items after notification will be subject to a fine.
Turn Around Time
It can take as few as 3 days to as many as 4 weeks or longer to obtain some materials, depending on the availability or type of material requested. Patrons will be notified by phone or email when the requested item arrives. Patrons who are unable to pick up their materials within 48 hours must contact the Library at 613-687-2227 ext. 0 or at email@example.com.
The borrower is responsible for fines and/or fees received from the lender as a result of the borrower’s misuse of loaned material. Failure to pay for fines and/or fees incurred will result in suspension of interlibrary loan privileges.
Patrons must check our library database to ensure we do NOT own the book before requesting it on interlibrary loan.
New books (books published within the last year) are NOT available through interlibrary loan.
Overdue charges for interlibrary loans: $0.25/day/book (including Sundays and Holidays)
Interlibrary loan books which are not picked up will be assessed a $2.00/book charge.
Renewals must be requested 3-5 days before the due date by contacting the Library by phone at 613-687-2227 ext. 0 or by email.
Loss of interloan borrowing privileges will result if a patron is consistently late with the return of their interlibrary loans.
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Once you’re sure that the Petawawa Public Library does not have the item, you can request it through our Interlibrary Loan service. To determine whether we already own the title, please search our online catalog.
Library users must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. To register, provide your full name, home phone number and library card number in an email to our Interlibrary Loan office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to http://info.vdxhost.com/
- Click on English or French
- Select "Sign In" and enter your User ID (type in the numbers of your library card barcode that follow the zeros – (Example: 2 2227 00222222 8– you will type 222222)
- Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our Interlibrary Loan Department and can be changed later).
- Choose "Petawawa Public Library" as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu
- Click Submit
Search for the item you want to request
- Select "Standard" or "Advanced" Search.
- Note the "Current Profile" drop down menu. You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
- ALWAYS select “SOLS Rideau Area North ” as your initial search under the "Current Profile drop down menu.
- Enter keywords from the title, and/or author.
- Select Petawawa Public Library link at the top of the "Search Results" screen to have Petawawa display first in the results. This will confirm that the item you want is not locally held at our library before proceeding with a request to another library.
- Select "Details" to verify this is the item you want. Please insure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library. Without an ISBN it will get caught up and have to be handled manually.
- Select "Get it!" to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
- Complete the form by selecting your preferred Pickup Location from the drop down menu at the bottom of the form. In our case the only selection is "Petawawa - Main". In most cases you will not need to make any additional changes to this form.
- Click Submit to send your request.
- There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the "My Requests" link.
- Sign out when you are finished.
No matches from the first profile?
If you are unable to find any results searching the "SOLS Rideau Area North" profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is "SOLS Rideau Area South", then "SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area". Still no results? Keep searching through all the profiles if necessary. Please note: almost all requests can be filled with the "SOLS Rideau Area South", "SOLS Rideau Area North" and "SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area" profiles.
No hits from any INFO profiles?
- Select the "Create Request" option on the left hand menu bar.
- Fill in as much information as you have available.
- Click on "Submit".
We will notify you when:
- The item has arrived. You will receive an email notification (if you have provided us with this information) or a phone call.
- Additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges (this is rarely applicable).
- The request has been cancelled because the item is located at the Petawawa Public Library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan.
Renewing a Request
To renew a request, please contact the Library at 613-687-2227 ext. 0 or email@example.com.