DONATIONS OF BOOKS, DVDs AND CDs
The Library will accept donations of new or gently used materials. Items not suitable for the collection will be put in our ongoing booksale or saved for our Giant Booksale in June.
Please bring any donations directly to the circulation desk in the library in a disposable bag or cardboard box. DO NOT place donations in the book drop. (This is for the return of borrowed materials only).
- Books that have been published in the last five years
- Books in excellent condition
- Recent bestsellers
- Classics that are in excellent condition
- Local history titles
- DVDs and music CDs
We DO NOT accept:
- Encyclopedias, Textbooks, Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Dated information (old travel guides, medical and science books)
- Materials in poor condition (torn, musty smelling, yellow pages)
- Old magazines
- VHS and cassette tapes
- Donations are accepted without condition and become the property of the Petawawa Public Library.
- Donated items are NOT returnable, and will be used as the library sees fit.
- Donors cannot insist that their donations be added to the Library's collection.
- Please call ahead if you are unsure your donated materials will be suitable for our library.
If you prefer to make a monetary contribution, a tax receipt will be issued.
DEDICATE A BOOK(SPINE) FUNDRAISER
Have your name, or the name of someone you love, engraved on a book spine. We'll feature it on the decorative book shelf display in the Fireplace Lounge of the library. Print and fill out out the application form and drop it off with your payment at the library!